OK, January has flashed past, and I'm having a quick look through my list of activity from the Garmin site for the whole month.
click image to enlarge +
TOTAL RUNNING MILES: 43miles
Problems?
Running to and from the 5k meeting point suits me ok, but it also meants splitting a run into 3 runs.... I'm not sure about the best way to resolve this other than switching off autolaps and hitting the lap timer at the start and end of the 5k run. The 5k is slower than my to/from runs, so it would f*ck up my run data.
So, what has went wrong?
Activity has been pretty consistent. In fact I am very happy as it has not been this consistent for many many months. It could be just that I'm in a good frame of mind for training. Or it could be that I have picked up Kenney and Derek as running buddys meaning I'm less likely to skip a run.
Diet started off pretty good. But towards the end of the month I have been ravenous. I'm not sure if it is the increase in activity, of the cold weather, but I have been eating all sorts. I even secret-cupboard-munched a little sack of chocolate coins from Christmas.
Also in the office I have hooked up a big coffee machine that does lattes, mochas and hot chocolate. I have been supping these more as it is FREEZING outside. I guess I need to cut down on the caffeine more, and as I type this I'm supping an americano, which is just a shot of espresso topped up with water. No calories, so much better than lattes etc. I've been enjoying the americanos, so I guess I should have a go at making a decaff one, this would fix my latte/caffeine problem in one swoop ! (downloading the machine manual as I type)
There has been a lot of biscuits and cakes floating around the office recently as well - and I have been powerless to resist. Must fix that !
Actions Points For Feb
Get back on the decaff americanos in the office.
Stop eating biscuits/cakes at work
Cut down carbs at home
Clear out the garage to get the bench usable
Start some strength training
Organise swimming lessons

No comments:
Post a Comment