BLOGGER Vs Wordpress.com
The old Blog is dead. Long live the Blog.
I considered transferring all my old posts across to here. But they were so sporadic and random that I've decided to just start this one fresh and keep it to training related info only !!!!
I considered transferring all my old posts across to here. But they were so sporadic and random that I've decided to just start this one fresh and keep it to training related info only !!!!
So the previous blog was a Wordpress blog. I've just decided to switch to Blogger from Wordpress. There has been a couple of reasons for this transfer.
First Wordpress won't allow me to use some of the widgets I want to use. I could have switched to a self-hosted Wordpress blog, which I already do for work. But I was getting fed up fiddling with upgrades and layouts, eventually I was spending too much time fannying about with layouts - this blog is just to keep track, keep focused and help me look back over training. I want it simple and quick to use.
Second, I use a lot of Google services, and have a few accounts which I am starting to link up and integrate together.
However, one of my biggest gripes with non self-hosted Wordpress was that it didn't let me use my wordpress account to comment and interact with other accounts. So at the moment I'm on Blogger. That may change at any point in the future back to wordpress !
I will be playing around with the layouts including the dynamic layouts, simply to suit myself when viewing the blog on the ipad.
However, one of my biggest gripes with non self-hosted Wordpress was that it didn't let me use my wordpress account to comment and interact with other accounts. So at the moment I'm on Blogger. That may change at any point in the future back to wordpress !
I will be playing around with the layouts including the dynamic layouts, simply to suit myself when viewing the blog on the ipad.
No comments:
Post a Comment